Wednesday 9 November 2011

Slow... but sure?

The new novel is still chugging along but I'll have to have something dramatic happen soon. On the plus side there's a dead body, on the minus side the characters don't seem too concerned about it.And though today's count of 1592 is fine I calculate I won't make the final total of 50000 words at this rate.
Had the very pleasant distraction of the Erskine Writers' dinner last night -good food and good company at the Ingliston Country club. Even writers deserve a night off!
Back to the dead body and prodding the characters to action.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I know exactly what you mean, Myra - I'm a bit fed up with mine today and will definitely not complete the target. But... I'm still adding words to it. You're doing well! Lovely time last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More power to your typing fingers, Myra. I won't make the target either, but I haven't missed a day (yet!) Last night was a pleasant diversion - I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must add a post about the EW dinner -it was good fun!

    ReplyDelete