Thursday 1 December 2011

Back to Reality?

By dint of ignoring everything except writing I managed to complete 50020 words for NaNoWriMo by the evening of Monday 28th November.
The dust was inches thick, the washing piled up and the fridge, like Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard, was bare, but the new Bute novel is well on its way. Lots to do, including at least another 25000 words, but I'm feeling reasonably happy about the plot and the characters. Now it has to be put on ice for a while.
Meanwhile there are entries to be written for the SAW conference, short stories to be tidied up and my neglected diary to fill in.
Oh... and the small matter of Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. That was a brilliant total, Myra - at least you have another book ready to redraft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I've written very little since!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re dust... have you noticed that if you dust every day it returns overnight, but if you leave it, it doesn't get any deeper. So to have a less dusty house the answer is not to dust at all. That's my theory, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent idea,Linda. It makes me feel much better!

    ReplyDelete